Please share your experiences working with these journals! Feel free to add other journals to the list. Try to stick with this format: each journal should be separated by dashes, and responses under each journal should each have their own bullet.
Back to Literary Studies Journals
Australian Journal of French StudiesEdit
Contemporary French and Francophone StudiesEdit
French Cultural StudiesEdit
- As of Fall 2016, a wait of about 9-12 months from submission to response.
- About a month and a half from submission to an acceptance with revisions to address reviewers' comments. Backlog of articles means 1 year+ from acceptance to publication
French Historical StudiesEdit
French Studies (Oxford UP)Edit
- Is anyone able to share recent information/experience regarding time from submission to decision?
- I submitted an article here in June 2015-heard back in 4 weeks with one reader's report and a conditional acceptance. Made revisions and heard back again in 4 weeks, the essay appeared in print in January 2016. A very rapid and helpful experience.
International Journal of Francophone StudiesEdit
Modern & Contemporary FranceEdit
Nineteenth-Century French StudiesEdit
- Lightning fast initial review (1 week or so) for a decisive rejection. The blind reviewer's comments were, however, quite helpful, and the piece was published elsewhere in about a year's time.
- Rejected a year after the initial submission. However, the 3 reviews were quite helpful.
- Helpful comments from reviewers, even though the article was rejected after about six months.
Studies in French CinemaEdit
- Also posted at Film Journals